1. Adjust the AC. Once you’ve adjusted your office temperature to where you want it, turn it back a couple of degrees. Two-three degrees won’t really make a whole lot of difference and will definitely save your company money in the long run.
2. Check your light bulbs. When it’s time to change the light bulbs, it’s recommended you opt for more energy-friendly ones. They may cost slightly more but in the long run, they’ll save you money as they last up to ten times longer and work just as well.
3. Choose furniture wisely. Invest in furniture that’s going to last and won’t have to be changed every time you redecorate or get new technology. Good heavy duty, neutral furniture is yet another money safe.
4. Turn Your Computer Off. Lots of people leave their computers on over night and let them go into standby mode. This means your computer is using as almost much power as it did when you were using it throughout the day. Turn it off and better yet unplug it. Do the same for printers, copiers, and monitors, too.
5. Don’t over-light. If you have large windows in your office, take advantage of sunny days. Forego large overhead lighting for practically placed lamps. Don’t leave your office in the dark, but there’s not need for your lights to be so bright they’re blinding.
6. Look for the energy star. Most appliances have an energy-efficiency ratings these days. Always ask about that when purchasing new equipment. Some computers even turn themselves off after certain bouts of inactivity. Laptops are also cheaper to use as they can consume up to 90% less power than desktops.
7. Turn the lights out when you go. Make it a habit to turn the lights out whenever you leave a room, especially if you’re going to be gone for a while. No sense in wasting electricity and it really does make a difference on your power bill!
8. Motion Detectors. Another way to save money and not waste electricity is to install motion detector lights that turn on when someone enters a room and goes off when the room is free of motion for a certain period of time. These are great for bathrooms!
9. Control your outside lighting. If you have signs or lights outdoors that you forget to turn off or that run for long periods of time, have a time installed so that outdoor light doesn’t stay on on a 80 degree sunny day.
10. Find other ways to keep your office cool. Have a fan installed or make sure you have blinds or screens over your windows. These can knock a room temperature down several degrees and keep you from blasting the AC before you need to.
Looking for a GeoVison Security Camera System to help secure your small or medium business? Call www.CameraSecurityNow.com today at 877-422-1907 for a free phone consultation. Ask about the new Hybrid DVR/NVR surveillance solutions.